Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 2: I'm Thankful For...

I'm thankful for the magic of how people leave and enter our lives.  People are always coming and going from our lives and we never really stop to appreciate it.  Most of the time we are saddened when people leave our lives but most of the time when people leave, it's for the best.  Have you ever stopped to think about how your life has been since someone has left compared to when they were in it?  It's usually better with them gone because it has made room for the right people to enter your life.  Also, have you ever stopped to think about the true magic of how people enter your life?  You never know when or where you might meet one of your best friends, your husband or wife, a contact to change your career, etc...  That unknown is part of what makes life interesting and it is truly magical! 

I thought about this many times in my life...."why did they have to leave my life?", "why didn't it work out with that person?", "when and where will I meet the love of my life?"... I've also thought about what circumstances bring two people together to meet and become best friends or more than friends?  It is all truly magical and has no real explanation!  And, that is what I am thankful for...the true magic that brings people together and also apart.

Here are some pictures of my best friends and I!

We met in a marine biology class about four years ago...been best friends ever since!


We met in a music theory class about three or four years ago, but didn't hang out until about two years ago. But, since the first time we met, we've been best friends ever since!


We met through my friend in the first picture when we all went rock climbing about three years ago.  We finally started hanging out this last summer and became great, close friends!


We met during our first semester after transferring to the university I am currently at.  We were even roommates for about a month or so at the end of our first semester!  We've been great friends ever since... about a year now!


This guy, I met line dancing this last spring break!  We became best friends pretty much the moment we met!  We've only know each other for about six or seven months but it feels like so much longer.


There might be the stories of how we met, but it is magic brought us together!  <3

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I never thought of it that way! So interesting! This post is so beautifully written! I love it! Great pics too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love you LoLo and am sooo thankful for you in my life. We have gone through so much together! So many laughs, heartbreaks, struggles and exciting changes! I smile at the memories we have made together and I cherish all of our talks. Thanks for always being there for me when I needed you most. I want you to know I'm only a phone call away!! Xoxox
    From the Boon Bart,
    Julie <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!