Thursday, February 23, 2012

My First Knitted Lace

I have always knitted or crocheted off and on for most of my life but never really got into it until recently.  I started to like knitting a lot when I made a cowl for my best friend Julie for Christmas.  After I made that, I decided I wanted to try something a little more difficult... lace. :-o I found this pattern on Ravelry and went at it.  It took a couple of tries in the beginning, but now, I love it!  I think I'm hooked on lace knitting. :-)  And, the orange color is perfect for the school I am transferring to.  I love it! 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful--both the color & the design. I've just begun knitting lace in the last couple of years, too. Fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that rocks! I am lace-inept, so this impresses the heck out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work!!!! (I popped in from your Mom's blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I was just reading your mom's blog and I HAD to come and see this!
    It looks GREAT!! Not only the color of the yarn is fabulous but the pattern as well! :)
    Looking forward to seeing more lace going on! It is addictive! My experience is that once you start with lace... you can't stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty colour! Be careful, lace knitting os way more addictive than any other - you just have to check my laceweight stash to understand this...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Just popped over from your mum's blog. Wow! Good job! I still have to come to grips with lace properly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!